03 June 2014

Five Months Rocks

Sweet Baby Alice is a full five months old!

 In the last month...

We were given an impromptu opportunity to fly to Utah for a short while, and took it! Alice rocks at airplanes. On that trip, we drove to and from Blanding. Incidentally, Alice also rocks at road trips.


The day after we arrived home, we went to a BBQ at her Auntie M's house where she got a tick bite. We found the wretched thing on her neck the next day while at Costco. I'll admit, I could have handled it better. I took her to the doctor so I could have some peace of mind. She's fine. Don't worry, she rocks at antibiotics.


While at the doctor, we learned that Alice hasn't grown more than a few ounces in the last two months... Alice does NOT rock at growing, and we're going to change that. She's relaxed all the time and doesn't act hungry, but don't worry. I'm forcing the issue.


Remember when I told you that Alice was sleeping in Oliver's room now? Well, she's really not. I do NOT rock at allowing my children to grow up. 

Here's the story: Jesse and I were rearranging the furniture in our bedroom and Jesse proposed that we put away the pack and play that Alice had been sleeping in. I became very distressed and cried because "when we put down the pack and play, that means Alice is growing up! She can't do that yet! And besides...I can't play my lullaby tapes in Oliver's room and Alice NEEDS LULLABIES!

Yep... I rock at crazy.


Her hair is getting thicker on top, and her eyes scrunch up just a little bit when she smiles. She lights up when she sees us, in fact if we ignore her when we walk by, she gets highly offended. If you are holding her when she is tired, she'll roll right into you and fall asleep, just like that. She is really something special, and we are so lucky she is ours. 

1 comment: