02 October 2009

The Memory of Trees


I used to enjoy scenic drives with my family

...mostly because of the book in my hand.

One day while on one of our scenic expeditions, my grandmother (tired of the books and other pointless gadgets occupying her grandchildren's eyes) exclaimed,

"I want them to look at every tree!"




Since then, the most enjoyable aspect of scenic jaunts with my family has been pointing out all of the exceptionally ordinary trees I can find to my dear grandma.




Now that I'm older, I really do enjoy scenic explorations


...mostly for the scenery.


In fact, yesterday I insisted that Jesse and I head to Maple Canyon...


intent only to note the trees.



Grandma, this time I looked at every one and wished you were there to enjoy them with me.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dellie Do,
    I am so proud of you for looking at all of the beautiful colored trees. I would have loved to have been there with you. Its nice to know that our words of wisdom do find a resting place. Love Grandma Lucy

    ReplyDelete