06 December 2012

Oliver J. Will Not Be Flying...

Last Saturday, Oliver saw an airplane...

"Look mom! And airplane! ZOOM!" he said.

I took that as the perfect opportunity to let him know that in exactly seven days he would get to fly on an airplane.

I thought for sure he would be ecstatic about this news.

No such luck.

His reply:

"Nope. Sorry. I don't want to fly on a plane. I don't want to fly on a bird. I don't want to fly on a space shuttle."

As soon as we got home I called my parents to tell them we wouldn't be coming because Oliver refused to fly. When he heard me repeat the unacceptable flight options, he added a couple more items to the list:

"Mom," he said, "I don't want to fly on a helicopter and I don't want to fly on a Noah gay."

Well, tomorrow we are boarding our flight no matter what my short friend Oliver says.

...This could get ugly.

1 comment:

  1. I hope he was happier when it actually happened ... can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete