07 January 2011

I need to clean the house.

Last night we were laying in bed and Jesse made a reference to the mess our apartment had become. I wasn't offended because, well, it's true.

I said, "You're right. So get ready because the clean-up-the-house effort begins tomorrow."

and he replied, "Awesome! I work tomorrow..."

So I said, "Get ready because the clean-up-the-house effort begins on Saturday."

and he replied "Great! I work on Saturday..."

The exchange was repeated twice more for Sunday and Monday.

Then I realized that I could not wait until Tuesday to clean the house...we were going to lose Oliver in one of the piles if I didn't take care of it...I'd have to just do it myself.

"Self," I said, "Get ready because the clean-up-the-house effort begins tomorrow."

I groaned to myself, rolled over and went to sleep.

Today I walked in the door after my office hours, looked around and thought, "Time to clean up the house."

And then I:

...played with Oliver J.

...remembered that it was time to clean the house.

...and watched an episode of Lost.

...remembered I was supposed to be cleaning.

...and got on the computer.

...Facebook, Gmail. Woot, Pandora, Etsy, Scholastic book orders and Blogger later...

I'm proofreading this post thinking, "I probably should be cleaning my house."

It's not like I'm avoiding it or anything...

2 comments:

  1. Della do I need to come help you? If you ever need help just let me know. I love cleaning other peoples houses....now my apartment..... that is a different story :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you know the story of my life right now!? You have it down! ;)

    ReplyDelete