01 April 2013

Chocolate Easter Bunny Pie

One of my favorite Easter treats is Chocolate Easter Bunny Pie. My parents found the recipe on the back of our Worlds Finest Chocolate Easter Bunnies when I was younger. 

I remember being so appalled when they took our prized chocolate bunnies and turned them into pie. The worst part was that we didn't get our own pie made from our stolen chocolate bunny. Oh no. We had to share.

I was never very good at sharing.

World's Finest Chocolate Easter Bunny Pie

1 6 oz Chocolate Bunny
18 large marshmallows (cut in half) or 180 mini marshmallows
1/4 cup milk
16 oz unsweetened whipping cream
1 prepared graham cracker crust. (I actually prefer Oreo)

Save a small piece of the bunny to shave on top for decoration.

Melt Chocolate bunny and marshmallows in milk in a double boiler. Melt over low heat, stirring constantly. Let cool completely. Whip cream until stiff. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour into pie crust and chill until firm. (At least two to three hours.)

Warning: don't make this pie if you are going to be home alone with it all the next day. All it will do is call to you relentlessly from the fridge, "Eat me! Eat me! Eat me!" 

.....

We colored eggs with Oliver J. for the first time this year. It was really fun, apart from my constant anxiety that someone's elbow was going to knock Easter egg dye on our cream colored carpet. That carpet gives me more anxiety than almost anything... 










No comments:

Post a Comment