08 July 2009

Cedar City or Bust

I was so excited when my mom invited me to go to Cedar City with the family for the 4th of July. I have missed "campin" out with them since I got myself hitched. The day came and they picked me up in Nephi on their way down. Poor Jesse had to stay home and work.

The most important stop of the day (to me at least) was in Beaver for some delicious ice cream. Here you can see the caravan parked on the side of the road. I love the sight of these two twin trucks and trailors (well almost twin). They remind me of all of the other fun trips we have taken.



Here you can see a couple of Happy Campers in the back seat of Soda Pop's truck. Heather was gracious enough to let me share that back seat...usually she is the only one riding with them.



We spend a lot of relax-y time on this trip. It was rather enjoyable. Here are some more Happy Campers lounging in the nice weather at the County Aire Estates Rv Park.



This picture was taken to recreate the Chair Folding Incident of 2009 in which Della turned to sit in her antique camping chair and ended up in the grass. Heather claims that it depicts the actual event almost perfectly.



We decided to take in the sites of Cedar Breaks. It was breathtaking and well worth our time.





Please take the time to notice how much my facial features mirror my mother's. This is something that I LOVE about me!





We also enjoyed a lunch picnic each day. I loved it!




Mom sure can make a mean chicken salad sandwhich. I ate more fresh vegetables in that one weekend than in a month on my own...veggies are expensive.



The Next day we visited Kolob Canyons and it was equally beautiful.



My dear Grandma Lucy rode in the car with Pop Corn, Heather, and me...she used her Super Senior Citizen Power to get us in for free. Good thing too because even though it was beautiful, one hour of site seeing is not worth $26





I caught these Cool Cats taking in some shade.



All in all it was a great trip and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I can't wait for the next one!

Thanks Mom, Popsicle, Grandma, Grandpa, and Heather for being such great company and for letting me tag along, and another thanks to Grandpa and Heather for sharing your pictures with me. If I had been left to my own devices, this would have been one short blog post.
Love, Della

No comments:

Post a Comment