21 July 2009

Laundry day!

I wanted to share with you the JOYS of laundry day.

Laundry day is quite possibly my least favorite day. It is worse than dentist day, doctor day, and test day....that's a fact. I dislike laundry so sincerely that I wait until the last possible minute to do it. This turns out to be every two weeks. (It works because there are only two of us so there aren't that many dirty clothes in the first place, but it never feels that way).

The couple that occupied the Anderson apartment prior to us were gracious enough to leave this little washing machine behind...I am grateful for that. It allows us to save a few dollars every laundry day, however it adds a whole lot of hassle.

First, we must hook up our washer to the sink with one hose, and direct the other hose to the drain in the tub.



Then we turn on the washer and wait...forever...because there isn't enough water pressure from the sink to fill the the washer in a timely manner. Then the washer begins it's cycle...it gets loud, then louder, then LOUDEST until it hits the spin cycle, and then there is no possibility whatsoever of conversation, as it sounds like there is an aircraft landing in my hallway. The sound is enhanced by the echo off of the pretty blue bricks that make up the walls in the hallway.



Then we take all the clothes out and hang them up, however, I get a break when it comes to underwears because they just go straight to the dryer in the basement. (Fifty cents is a lot cheaper than all of the hangers I would have to buy to hang up all those undies.)

I truly am grateful for my little washing machine that allows me to save a few dollars, but it's certainly hard to remember that on LAUNDRY DAY.





No comments:

Post a Comment