02 July 2009

"...One boy to go with, to talk with and walk with..."

The single most repeated piece of advice given from Jesse's mom, Jacque so far since we were engaged has been to walk together everyday. She and Mike have done so for a very long time and she feels it is one of the biggest ways that they have strengthened their relationship.

Jesse and I had never really tried this...because we are lazy. But recently we have been getting FAT (due to the laziness) and I have been talking about walking for a while. I finally insisted.

It was a silly start...Jesse was sitting on our front porch putting on his socks and shoes and looking for any reason to not go. "Della! There's a scar on my knee...I don't know where it came from...but we can't go." or "Della! I can't go, I didn't comb my hair today." If you know Jesse Moses you know what goof he can , but as we got started we would point out houses or cars to each other and say "what do you think about that one?"

Our walk was so relaxing, and it felt good to be outside. I really got a glimpse of what Jacque was talking about and I hope to make walking a daily routine.


2 comments:

  1. I know what she is talking about for sure. We used to go for walks every day when we lived down there and I looked forward to them. Talk about the houses, what we wanted ours to be like, say poor dog or cat and say how we would determine to be to our animals ect... Its nice. We are starting to do it again cause Tasha has to be walked everyday and its nice. I wish we could pick up our house and move to Ephriam though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so cute!! I am so proud of you for finally getting out on a walk. That is awesome, and a good step in the right direction. hehe. I remember our good old walks. Oh, I miss my Della TIME!!

    ReplyDelete