26 March 2013

Cherry Blossom Trip...sans Cherry Blossoms

We bought a fancy schmancy new lightweight stroller (which, incidentally, I am in love with), and hopped a train into D.C. so we could see some cherry blossoms in the Tidal Basin...  


Except, as you can see, there weren't any!

Not a single tiny pink little bud. 

We soldiered on anyway. Stopping in to see monuments and memorials as they crossed our path, and taking numerous photographs of ourselves.







Oliver fell asleep somewhere between the Lincoln Memorial and the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. He slept through the commotion of the metro at peak travel time, trains blowing past, and one train transfer. He woke up as we were stepping onto the Greenbelt platform and cried all the way to the car...

...because he wanted to ride the train!

But hey, his new stroller must have been pretty comfortable! Which, incidentally, makes me love it even more.

And as for those pesky cherry blossoms...maybe my new stroller and I can squeeze in another attempt to see them later this week. Oh, and I guess Ollie can come too.

1 comment:

  1. I want to see this fancy schmancy lightweight stroller that you love. We're in the market. I love our jogging stroller, but it's really bulky and not very travel-friendly. And I hope you get to see cherry blossoms ... I want to someday!

    ReplyDelete