21 March 2014

Zucchini Zucchini Zucchini...an email from Grandpa Than


Oliver and Grandpa Than at the B&O Railroad Museum February 2013
I adore the way that my dad talks with Oliver. Since we don't see him often, he often sends Oliver emails instead. They make my little man's day! This one is my very favorite so far...


Good morning Oliver,
                
...It is only Thursday, and I am looking forward to the weekend. I have things I want to do. I have a gate to make work in front of the trailer. I need to talk to Grandma about making our patio nicer and planting grass in the back yard. I need to decide what kind of vegetables I am going to plant in my garden this year...

...It’s supposed to be a nice weekend so maybe I can BBQ at Great Grandpa John’s house on Sunday. He likes BBQ, and Great Grandma Lucy likes it when I cook. Last week we cooked Pork Ribs on the BBQ and they were really good. It was warm enough to sit on the patio while the cooked, but on Monday it snowed again.

This year in my garden I think I will plant Tomatoes, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, and green peppers. Usually I plant lots of jalapeno peppers, and anaheim peppers, but this year I won’t plant as many of those. I will plant some cucumbers, and zucchini, because they are good to eat and fun to say. 

Zucchini Zucchini Zucchini. :) 

I use to plant peas but nobody would eat them. I don’t have enough room for corn, but maybe I can plant some radishes, and carrots. I have to be careful because Andre doesn’t like to work in the garden and neither does grandma. So anything I plant I have to take care of.
                
Are you going to plant a garden this year? Will you plant a Tomato plant, and a Broccoli plant too. What about???? Egg plant! It’s fun to watch vegetables grow, and when they grow up you get a treat for all of the nice things you do for them.

Did you know that flowers and vegetables like to be talked to? I tell my vegetables nice things about how fast they are growing and how pretty they are. Sometimes I tease them because they don’t know how to standup straight. I tell all the bees thank you for visiting my garden, and I tell the Praying Mantis Thank you for praying for my friends the vegetables. Even though I know that he is there to have dinner, and sometimes breakfast or lunch. I’ll be nice to him and he’ll be nice to my Vegetables.

Have a Very nice day, I love you very much. I love your Mom and Dad, and Alice very much too!
Grandpa Than


No comments:

Post a Comment