11 September 2013

Andre, {not} Our Chocolate Friend - a silly story

So, you may or may not know that Andre came to visit us for the month of July and it was so fun!

Andre is technically my cousin, but he has lived with my parents for a couple of years, so he sort of feels like a brother. He's also about 15 years younger than me, so he sort of feels like a nephew. So I guess he's my cousinbrothernephew and I really, really, REALLY like him.  We all do.


One morning while he was here, Oliver saw him walking in the hallway upstairs and said in a voice that full of wonder and amazement, as though he had never noticed before,

"Oh MOM! Andre is SO BROWN all over!"

I didn't really know what to say, so I just agreed with him,

"Yes, he is brown."

Then Oliver followed up with this perfect line of hilariosity:

"He looks like chocolate. He is my chocolate friend!" 


While I thought it was hilarious, Andre did not love being Oliver's chocolate friend. I teased him a little bit about it and he was very perturbed.

"That's RACIST!"

He told me.

I told him that it certainly was not racist, because racism comes from hatred, and we love him, and don't hate anyone. He agreed that maybe it wasn't racist, but still was not a fan. And it certainly is not politically correct, so we stopped.



1 comment:

  1. There's so many chocolate friends where you live too. At least I think that's the best comparison ever.

    ReplyDelete