24 January 2012

This Day of Firsts

Today, for the first time since I came to Malad, I was up and showered with make up on and hair done before eight. Yeah, I'm lazy like that.
We revisited our dentist in Downey (who ROCKS) and I had my first experience with "Happy Gas"...NO BUENO.

Since we were already a third of the way there and had a gift certificate to a restaurant, we vacationed in Pocatello for a few hours...

Our first time there! It is nothing like Salt Lake...Brigham Young did NOT design their roadways. Round a bouts, intersections defined by humongous triangular cement islands, and diagonal roads galore! I'm glad we had our trusty GPS or else we would have been L-O-S-T.

And you wouldn't believe the awesome mirror that I left at DI. I kind of can't either, but part of the frame was broken, not to mention they still wanted $35 and wouldn't budge. Hmm.

This sounds a little like I'm complaining...I'm not.

Actually, I liked every minute of it.


It just is what it is.


2 comments:

  1. Ugh - I tried happy gas for the first time in October and hated it. Blech. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    And good luck in Maryland ... Brigham Young didn't design those roadways, either. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! You're right! I had not even thought of that...you can probably expect one or more posts about me getting lost...I hate being lost.

      Delete