12 August 2009

Last weekend, Jesse and I chose to celebrate our anniversary by taking a trip to the ZOO! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and took lots of pictures...these were some of the highlights of the trip:



We went to visit the elephant...she was doing her potty dance, which we thought was priceless. It was also near this exhibit that they have a scale set up to measure your weight and then compare that to an elephant's weight...I now weigh as much as a baby elephant. This new discovery was not exactly my favorite, but I suppose it could always be worse.

In the gift shop, Jesse made a new friend...a rather large black widow spider...

...We had some fun with the animal hats...


...and I learned that my pet giraffe has not yet learned to stay off the furniture.

I took a ride on an elephants trunk. That elephant was so fun! It would sneeze on you!

And we saw the main attraction. This is the new baby giraffe! He was so sleepy, but that didn't stop us from spending much of our time gawking at his adorable-ness.
I bet you want to go to the zoo now too...Don'tcha!



*P.S. I don't think that you can see it in any of the pictures, but there was a beautiful french braid in my hair holding my bangs back. I want everyone to know that it was all thanks to Ashley Beatrice who just learned to french braid and decided to grace my boring hair with her new talents. You should ask her to braid your hair...






1 comment:

  1. Della, I know this is a silly place to leave this message in your blog, but I feel so lucky to have you in my life. You are completely irreplaceable in my life, and I don't know many people who would have followed me thousands of miles from home. I love you madly (even when you are mad).

    ReplyDelete