31 August 2009

The Tale of a Snoop

My name is Della Marie and I am a snoopaholic.

As you may already know, I am NO GOOD at surprises. With me, there is no keeping, or hiding surprises...

One fateful day, I was involved in a snooping incident in which the police were almost called when our neighbors saw the door to our fifth wheel trailer hanging open and knew that my family was supposed to be at church. Meanwhile, I was inside said fifth wheel trailer drooling over all of the Christmas presents that my mom had hidden.

I changed my life that day. I would no longer be a snoop. But you've heard the phrase


"Once a snoopaholic, always a snoopaholic."

Well it goes something like that anyway.

Now that you know my dirty little secret, you will fully appreciate the horror I felt last week when Jesse texted me and told me that he had purchased a surprise for me for Christmas. Immediately my mind began to reel, thinking of all of the hiding places he might find in our little apartment and how soon I could get to them to see what the surprise could be. I felt so guilty, and decided I would not give in.

When I got home that day I was greeted by a very serious Jesse. He had taken his surprise, wrapped it in a pair of old pants, put it in a plastic bag, and showed it to me so that when I went on one of my cleaning frenzies I wouldn't open it up or throw it out. Then he went to hide it...

I closed my eyes, covered my ears, and hummed my favorite hymn all in hopes that I would be completely unaware as to the location of the parcel. It worked........until yesterday.


I saw that oh-so-ridiculously packaged piece of temptation in the top of the closet and before I knew what was happening, my hand had almost reached it with the intent to pull it down. At this realization, I turned myself around and walked away.


I have come so far.

4 comments:

  1. ha ha I love it! Don't snoop! Be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Hahah! I love you! Way to walk away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud! Now I want to come over to your house and do some snooping of my own to see what it is!

    ReplyDelete