06 October 2011

I thought I'd be all fancy and write a post everyday this month, but I find that I'm not feeling very eloquent tonight...so you get this instead:

I closed my windows for the first time since we moved in...it was c-c-c-cold outside...but we didn't get snow like just about everyone north and south of us.

Ollie wore new clothes because the weather changed...I'm so grateful to my mom for sending us home with a whole big bag full of fall/winter clothes. Did you know that she has almost single handedly clothed that boy...

The power went out all over the city. I waited FOREVER (I'm talking hours) to eat lunch because I didn't want to brave the cold to fight with the grill. I finally did and ran inside to grab the hot dogs only to find that the power had come back on. Splendid!

I went to the first meeting held for my new church calling. Ollie charmed the socks off everyone else there when he sat in one spot and entertained himself for an hour...

I got my flu shot because Jesse mentioned it... When I said "Heck no, Techno," he reminded me about last year when I told him the same thing...and then got the flu in January.

I thought about all the productive things I should be doing and then took a nap.

I Served spaghetti for dinner tonight...That's right, the leftover spaghetti from dinner last night with zucchini, carrots, onions, garlic and Italian sausage in the sauce... Yeah, it was as delicious as it sounds. But it tasted better the second time around... What's up with that?

Jesse and I cleaned up the kitchen while Oliver J. emptied the drawers behind us.

Then we all sat down on the couch for some family "My Name Is Earl"/laugh-at-Ollie's-ridiculous-antics time.

Now, here I am, telling you all of the mundane pieces to my day and realizing that I loved every minute of it.

I know I've lived in Malad for two months already, but it's really starting to grow on me.

I think I'm gonna like it here!

(please tell me you thought of Little Orphan Annie when you read that last line...)

No comments:

Post a Comment